Development of the metalware gallery, 2004
The Belinda Gentle Gallery
In 2004, the new Belinda Gentle Gallery opened to show over 200 pieces from the Museum's outstanding collections of brass, pewter and cutlery dating from 1400 to the present day.
Designed by the V&A design team it includes rare archaeological finds of medieval dining pewter, 18th-century brass tobacco boxes and spectacular, semi-abstract contemporary pieces.
This development was completed as part of FuturePlan
FuturePlan is transforming the V&A by revitalising visitor facilities and redisplaying the collections. Using the best architects and designers, we are bringing the V&A into the 21st century and restoring modern design and innovation to the heart of the museum.