National Art Library enquiry services
Enquiries in person
Readers working in the National Art Library can seek help and advice in using the Library's resources, including the Library Catalogue, databases and the National Art Library Collections. Please ask at the Enquiry Desk or the Counter.
Online enquiries and enquiries by letter
Library staff can provide information on:
- Registering to use the Library
- Access and using the National Art Library
- National Art Library collections
- Other libraries' holdings
- Biographical details about artists, designers, architects and craftspeople
- Brief subject enquiries in the field of art, craft and design
We aim to answer enquiries as quickly as possible although you should allow up to 10 working days for a reply (up to 20 working days for Freedom of Information requests). We will spend up to 30 minutes researching each enquiry.
Information Services Section
National Art Library
Word & Image Department
Victoria and Albert Museum
London SW7 2RL
The Library is unable to take enquiries by telephone.
For full information about our photocopying and photography services see Copying Services.
National Art Library opening times
The National Art Library opening times are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: 10.00 – 17.30 and Friday: 10.00 – 18.30. It is closed on Mondays and Sundays