Plan & book a free self guided visit for secondary students
Be inspired for free and make a self guided visit to the V&A. From Bauhaus to Bowie, Mackintosh to McQueen, the V&A is packed with creativity and ideas waiting to be unlocked. Find out below what you can see and do for free when you visit the museum with your students.
‘The V&A was the best school trip ever, go there it is amazing’
- Inspiring galleries and exhibitions
- Hands-on activities & discovery areas
- Lunchroom and locker facilities
- Courtyard garden
Contact our Schools Liaison Assistant for further advice on planning a visit.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7942 2622
We have a packed programme of exhibitions throughout the year and schools groups can take advantage of a concessionary ticket price as long as the group is booked in at least ten days in advance of the visit. Teachers receive a complementary ticket with every group booking in order to make a preliminary visit.
Booking Your Visit
The V&A is free to visit but you need to book in advance for self-directed group visits and for any programmes on offer. There is a charge for some programmed events. We require ten days notice for a self-guided visit and three weeks notice for a programmed event. You can phone +44 (0)20 7942 2211, 9.00–17.30, Monday–Friday or email email@example.com or download the booking form.
Download Self-Guided Group booking form (PDF file, 49 KB)
Download Self-Guided Group booking form (Word file, 58 KB)
At the time of booking please let us know:
- which galleries you are planning to visit
- if you would like to book a Study Room
- if you would like to book tickets for any exhibitions
- if you would like to book any talks, workshops or other events
- if you would like to reserve tables in our lunchroom for your students to eat their packed lunches
You will be sent a letter of confirmation which you must bring with you on the day of your visit. If you want to visit a particular gallery and it has to close, we will try to let you know.
Students with disabilities are welcome. Please notify us of your needs when making your booking. Please visit our SEN page to find out more about our programme and for advice on planning a visit.
The V&A is currently undergoing a programme of renewal and restoration. If you are planning to see a specific gallery or object with your students please check the Gallery closures page or contact us to make sure it will be available when you book your visit.
Further Resources for Planning a Visit
- Learning resources for secondary schools
- Search the V&A collections
- Watch inspiring videos of designers, curators, historians and more on the V&A Channel