Exhibition - Tomorrow – Elmgreen & Dragset at the V&A
Competition: What Happens Tomorrow?
'Often your audience will create and elaborate on the artworks in a much more interesting way than you ever could do yourself - they make it wilder, more romantic, sentimental or perverse than your intentions were to start with' - Michael Elmgreen
Enter this carefully constructed interior and interpret the clues for yourself to create your own vision of the occupant and his story. Who is Norman, and how has he shaped and been shaped by his surroundings? What past scenes may have taken place here - and what happens Tomorrow?
Send us your ideas and creations inspired by Norman's story for the chance to win prizes and see your work published in V&A Magazine.
We're calling for young writers, artists, designers, illustrators and students to share their interpretation of Norman and his life, whether you want to continue on from the script, imagine earlier scenes in the form of a short story, or create an illustration or artwork inspired by the apartment and its fictitious occupant.
Shortlisted entries will be judged by the creators of the installation Michael Elmgreen and Ingar Dragset in December.
- The winning entry will be published in the forthcoming issue of V&A Magazine*.
- The winner will also receive a year’s V&A membership, a set of exhibition posters and a copy of Elmgreen & Dragset: Trilogy, published by Thames and Hudson.
- There are five runners up prizes of an exhibition poster and a copy of Elmgreen & Dragset: Trilogy, published by Thames and Hudson.
*V&A Magazine reserve the right of final editorial judgment. Word limits may apply to text in print.
How to enter
Email your entry to us at email@example.com with ‘EDTomorrow’ in the subject line. Please include your full name and a contact telephone number. You can also Tweet us your entry using the hashtag #EDTomorrow and we’ll retweet and share our favourites with our followers.
Your entry can be in the form of an image (jpeg files only), pdf or Microsoft Word document.
Important: files must be smaller than 10MB.
You can enter more than once, but please send each entry separately.
Terms & conditions
- The closing date is 6 December 2013.
- The winning entry will be chosen from a shortlist by Michael Elmgreen and Ingar Dragset. The Judge’s decision is final.
- The competition is not open to employees (or family members of employees) of the V&A or V&A Shop and their affiliates, agents and any person professionally connected with the competition.
- The winning entry will be published in the Spring/Summer 2014 edition of V&A Magazine, provided it is suitable for publication and subject to final editorial judgment by V&A Magazine. If the winning entry is a written piece and cannot be published in full due to space limitations, an extract or edited version may be published in agreement with the winner.
- All entrants will retain copyright over their entry(s) but by entering the competition agree to allow the V&A to share the entry via the V&A’s social media channels and to allow Cultureshock Media (V&A Magazine) to publish it if selected.
- There is one Prize. One (1) winner will receive a year’s regular V&A membership, five V&A exhibition posters and a copy of Elmgreen & Dragset: Trilogy, published by Thames and Hudson. Four runners up (shortlisted entries) will receive an exhibition poster and a copy of Elmgreen & Dragset: Trilogy, published by Thames and Hudson.
- The prize is subject to availability and usual V&A terms and conditions apply.
- Any person suspected of cheating, acting dishonestly or fraudulently in the opinion of the Promoter will be excluded from the competition.
- No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- No cash alternative will be offered and prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
- No responsibility will be taken for lost or incorrectly addressed entries.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will reserve the right to substitute the Prize (or an element thereof) for an equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- The Promoter will reserve the right to refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if in the reasonable view of the Promoter the entrant’s current or past conduct is (or has been) inappropriate, unlawful or offensive or is likely to bring the Promotion into disrepute. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant.
- The Competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and that entrants irrevocably agreed that the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Competition.
Prize Provider: Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A South Kensington, Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL).