National Gallery links
- National Gallery Technical Bulletin
Read about the research carried out by the Gallery's Scientific and Conservation Departments on the National Gallery's Technical Bulletin. Learn from leading experts in the V&A's conservation team through the V&A Conservation Journal.
- The National Gallery London | Attributed to Marco d'Oggiono | The Virgin and Child
Discover tools and tricks to make a perfect work of art. See how a study of the head of the Virgin has been pricked to create a dot-to-dot image on another sheet of paper. View the original painting 'Virgin and Child' by MARCO d'Oggiono in the National Gallery website.
- The National Gallery - Joseph Mallord William Turner - Artist - 1775 - 1851
View more of Turner's paintings on the National Gallery's site. Read about the cleaning of two of his paintings and his unusual techniques.
- The National Gallery London John Constable
Click here to see more paintings by John Constable in the National Gallery's website. View many pages from Constable's sketchbook.
- The National Gallery London Search Results: Miniatures
Since its first appearance around 1520, the portrait miniature soon became a British speciality. Visit The National Gallery site to see a range of miniatures, including a miniature of Prince Albert by William Charles Ross, learn about Rosalba Carriera , view a small painted portrait of Lionello d'Este and a still life miniature by Luis Meléndez. The V&A site has a number of pages about miniatures , artists, sitters, materials and techniques.
- Artist A to Z | Explore the paintings | National Gallery, London
Many of the artists and collectors included in the V&A's collections are also featured in The National Gallery's site. Click here to access its full collection index.