Other theatre and performance collections links
- British Museum Department of Prints and Drawings
The Department of Prints and Drawings contains the national collection of Western prints and drawings, in the same way as the National Gallery and Tate hold the national collection of paintings.
- Westminster City Council - Performing Arts
Performing arts section contains books, periodicals, etc. Has substantive collections of Theatre Record, Plays and Players etc. Art department houses books on design.
- Westminster City Council - Chapter 09: Special Collections
The Theatre Collection contains around 30,000 theatre programmes and large numbers of playbills, news cuttings, portraits etc, dating from the early 19th century to the present day. The collection mainly covers theatres in the West End, but also includes coverage of several other London theatres and a small amount of programmes for provincial and foreign theatres.
- Victoria & Albert Museum - Introduction to the Prints and Books Collections
Holds part of the Theatre & Performance collection of design for stage sets and costumes, portraits, theatrical prints and posters.
- The Shakespeare Centre Library and Archive
Material relating to Shakespeare and the the library and archives of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Royal Opera House Collections Online
Royal Opera House Collections Online The archives cover the history of the three theatres that have stood on the site since 1732. The collection includes programmes, posters, playbills, prints, administrative records and costumes.
- National Resource Centre for Dance
Resources and advice on dance research.
- National Art Library - Victoria and Albert Museum
Many items on theatre arts, and on design in general.
- The Raymond Mander & Joe Mitchenson Theatre Collection
Wide range of materials relating to British theatre. Part of The Jerwood Library of the Performing Arts
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire - Library and Archive Collection
Specialist research collection on dance and related subjects in the UK.