Sacred Silver links
- The Tyndale Society
For the very keen: find out about the work and influence of William Tyndale, the man who translated the Old Testament into English.
- Web Gallery of Art - Image and Information Database
A excellent database, where various information on art, artists and history can be easily found together with pictures. The collection includes European painting and sculpture from 12th to mid-19th centuries.
- www.ecclsoc.org - The perfect site for church architecture, furnishings and liturgy
The perfect site for in-depth research, with useful references and links to churches, their furnishings and use.
- Pevsner Architectural Guides to England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales
A guide to the most significant buildings in every part of the country. For those who want to explore the enjoyable diversity of architecture in Great Britain: from cathedrals and rural churches to Victorian public buildings and industrial monuments.
- The National Archives
One of the largest online collections of public records and historical manuscripts from around the world. From the 11th century to the present day.
- Patron Saints Index: A-Z Glossary
Searchable index of saints. For those who want to know more about the popular legends behind the saints and how they are represented in art.
- Collage - City of London libraries, archives and Guildhall Art Gallery collections
Image database with 20,000 works from the Guildhall Library and Guildhall Art Gallery, including sections on religion and belief.
- About the Macleay Museum - Museums - The University of Sydney
Insight into the Church Calendar and its festivals, including Christmas and Easter. Article by Julian Holland, Macleay Museum, University of Sydney, Australia.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA
Very useful site with information on Catholic practices and doctrine, including historical events and people in the history of the Catholic Church.