Sampler - Culture Clash links
- Dead Space by Yusra Warsama
Video of Yusra Warsama performing her spoken word piece Dead Space.
- Sampler (needlework) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A needlework sampler is a piece of embroidery produced as a demonstration or test of skill in needlework. It often includes the alphabet, figures, motifs, decorative borders and sometimes the name of the person who embroidered it and the date.
- The Sampler Guild Home Page
The Sampler Guild (TSG) provides a forum for furthering the research of sampler history, promotes the preservation of antique samplers and continues the art and enjoyment of sampler making.
- SwarmTechtiles: Janis Jefferies and Tim Blackwell
An exploration of visual and sonic texture, or 'sound you can touch'.
- James Tenney Collage #1 ("Blue Suede")
Video documenting an early electronic composition by James Tenney.
- DJ Spooky: Sound Unbound – sampling digital music and culture
Official website DJ Spooky 'That Subliminal Kid'.
- How to build a sonic fabric reader
Sonic fabric is a textile woven from 50% cassette tape and 50% polyester thread. This video illustrates how to build a 'reader' that will enable the user to listen to the sound embedded in the fabric.
- Sampling (signal processing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In signal processing, sampling is the reduction of a continuous signal to a discrete signal. A common example is the conversion of a sound wave to a sequence of samples.
- Pushing Buttons: DJ Shadow, Cut Chemist and DJ Numark
Video of DJ Shadow, Cut Chemist, and DJ Numark performing live on Akai MPC samplers.
- Museum of the Romanian Peasant
The website of the Museum of the Romanian Peasant.