- Twisted Thread: Featuring The Knitting and Stitching Show
Information about Twisted Thread UK shows and exhibitions, as well as an online community.
- Textile Source - International Fabric and Textiles Companies Database
Links to information on textile design, seminars, publications and a searchable database of textile companies.
- The Textile Institute - The worldwide professional association for textiles
A well designed site with useful textile links, news on forthcoming events and the Institute's vast online bookstore.
- Internet Centre for Canadian Fashion and Design
Explains in simple terms the characteristics and uses of hundreds of types of natural and manmade fibres.
- The Textile System
A detailed history of the British textile industry with pages on textile inventors and inventions, entrepreneurs and life in the factory.
- Quilters' Guild of The British Isles
A well-designed site with many useful features such as advice and ideas for young quilters, listings of events and exhibitions and examples from the Guild's Heritage Collection.
- IFA - International Felt Makers Association
The International Feltmakers Association was formed to foster worldwide interest in felt, to promote members' work and keep members in contact with one another for exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Hand and Lock Embroidery
Hand and Lock produce embroidery and supply gold and silver trimmings to a wide range of clients including fashion designers, film, television and the theatre. The Hand and Lock annual Prize for Embroidery is an international competition for sutdents of embroidery, fashion and textiles
- FabricLink | The Educational Resource for Fabrics & Apparel
A user-friendly educational resource for fabrics, apparel and home furnishings, includes a dictionary of fabric terms and the fabric care centre with many handy hints and tips.