Do I need to book for exhibitions?
No, just show your Membership Card and proof of ID (such as a bank card or driving licence) at the door. You do not need to pre-book or queue (except at extremely busy times).
Can I lend my Membership Card to someone else?
No. Memberships are non-transferable and Membership Cards can only be used by the named Member.;
Can I bring a friend with me?
If your Membership includes a guest, it will say ‘plus guest’ on your card and you can bring a friend to exhibitions and Members’ previews. If not, you can add a guest for just £25 extra per year. Call us on 020 7942 2271 to add a guest to your Membership.
Can I bring children with me?
All Members can bring up to four family children (under 18) to exhibitions and Members' Previews.
How do I change my address?
Please call us on 020 7942 2271 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I bring friends to your events?
This depends on the capacity of the event. Please call us on 020 7942 2277 to check for the events you would like to attend.
I have lost or did not receive my Membership Card.
Please call us on 020 7942 2271 to let us know and we will send a new card within 10 working days. If you want to visit the V&A sooner than this, just go to the Membership Desk in the Grand Entrance and they will be able to give you a temporary card. You will need to show proof of ID (such as a bank card or driving licence) and confirm your address.
I recently joined online or by phone, but have not yet had my welcome pack.
Please allow up to 6 weeks from date of application. If it has been longer than this, please call us on 020 7942 2271 to let us know.
Gift Aid your Membership
The V&A and the V&A Foundation benefit by claiming Gift Aid on all qualifying gifts of money made in the last four years and in the future from the date you sign a declaration or verbally give your permission, until you notify us otherwise. For every £1 you give, we can claim 25p in addition from HM Revenue and Customs at no extra cost to you. It's quick and easy: we just need your consent. You can sign up for Gift Aid if you are eligible as a UK taxpayer, by signing and dating the declaration on the Membership form. Alternatively, email us at email@example.com
or call us on +44 (0)20 7942 2271.
* Gift Aid notes:
1. The Charity/ies will reclaim 25p on every £1 that is given
2. Gift Aid is reclaimed by the V&A and the V&A Foundation from the tax you pay for the current tax year.
3. Please notify the V&A if you want to cancel a declaration, change your name or home address or no longer pay sufficient Income Tax and/or Capital Gains. You can cancel a declaration at any time by writing to: The Victoria and Albert Museum, Finance Department, South Kensington, London SW7 2RL
4. If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.
5. The £25 Plus Guest payment and the £50 Extra Card payment are not eligible for Gift Aid - £75 of Contributing Membership is also therefore not eligible.
Please note we do not currently claim Gift Aid on Under-26 Membership subscription fees.
The V&A is a charity exempt from registration under the Charities Act 1993.
The V&A Foundation Ltd: Charity Registration Number 1144508, Company Registration Number 7788681