'Foundation of the City of London School'
Medal (obverse view)
Benjamin Wyon (1802-58)
Museum no. A.136-1929
Given by Miss T.A.C. Durning-Lawrence
The City of London School was built between 1835 and 1837 by the Corporation of London. The reverse of this medal commemorates John Carpenter, a Town Clerk of the City of London, who founded an earlier school on the same site in 1442 and established a fund that paid for the later school.
View the reverse of this medal