Medal (obverse view)
Messrs Allen & Moore (active 1843- 54)
Museum no. A.40-1978
Given by Professor and Mrs J. Hull Grundy
The Crystal Palace was a huge glass and iron structure erected in Hyde Park in London to house the Great Exhibition of 1851. The exhibition attracted over six million visitors and numerous firms capitalised on its success by issuing cheap, mass-produced medals as souvenirs.
View the reverse of this medal