Bronze, cast and gilded
Museum no. M.419-1956
Bequeathed by Dr W.L. Hildburgh FSA
The back-plate on this lamp is interesting as it bears the arms of the cardinal of the city, possibly in gratitude for allowing the Jewish inhabitants to live freely. It has the coat of arms of Inigo d'Avalos, who was created cardinal in 1561 and became chancellor of the Kingdom of Naples in 1562.