Unravelling Couture Culture
16 - 17 November
A two-day interdisciplinary conference exploring the World of Couture in Paris and London between 1947 and 1957.
£53 for one day, £102 for two days, concessions available
Specific Topics Include:
The relationship between Paris and London; the work of Norman Hartnoll, Christian Dior, John Cavanagh, and the House of Lachasse; couturiers and their clients; Vichy textiles; and masculinity and tailoring.
- (Keynote) Alexandra Palmer (Royal Ontario Museum);
- Beatrice Behlen (Historic Royal Palaces);
- Chris Breward (V&A);
- Edwina Ehrmann (Museum of London);
- Amy de La Haye (London College of Fashion);
- Jane Hattrick (University of Brighton);
- Eleri Lynn (V&A);
- Lesley Miller (V&A);
- Adelheid Rasche (Berlin);
- Lindsay Evans Robertson (Costume Society);
- Lou Taylor (University of Brighton);
- and Claire Wilcox (V&A, exhibition curator)
Advance Telephone and Online Booking
Activities and events can be booked by telephone on +44 (0)20 7942 2211, or online by visiting Events Booking Online. No booking fee applies for tickets booked by telephone or online.