13 November 2007 - 17 February 2008

A V&A and Crafts Council exhibition

Out of the Ordinary: Spectacular Craft

Susan Collis, 'Made good' (detail), 2007, reclaimed coral, white gold, diamond, silver

Susan Collis

Commenting is now closed. Thank you for your contributions.

Comments

1. totally incredible and inspiring work

Posted by karen Reiner on 01/05/08, 3:20 pm
  2. I was totally blown away by susan collis’ work, i thought it was extreemly inspired and was an exiting adventure for the viewer. amazing.

Posted by steph on 18/01/08, 2:22 pm
  3. I haven’t been this invigorated by anything in ages.  It really blew me away.  I spent a good 15 minutes on my hands and knees poring over the dust sheets alone.  The table was simply beautiful. .

Posted by Hannah on 11/12/07, 4:00 pm
  4. Susan Collis’s work really impressed me, how the what appears mundane is so beautiful. I couldn’t stop myself pointing it out to those who said “It’s just paint on a table”!

Posted by Jacqui Roach on 11/12/07, 3:59 pm
  5. I can’t stop thinking about the table, and how it seemed so ordinary until I looked really closely and saw the mother of pearl. How lovely. I have the urge to carve up my dining table now… a small but perfectly formed exhibition.

Posted by Gaynor on 21/11/07, 12:10 pm
  6. I loved this.  I loved having to stop and really look to discover what it was about, finding the precious hidden in the everyday.

Posted by judith cole on 20/11/07, 9:54 am
  7. Susan’s table was the best thing I saw on my visit to London. So beautifully made and such a wonderful idea. It reminded me of my father’s workplace where I loved to spend time as a child. Nobody thought those old splatters were nice, but I as a child thought they were lovely and special. The family threw the table away when they cleaned the house after his death. I was too young to intervene. Susan brought all the childhood innocence and love for my father back to me in her precious table.

Posted by clara van beek on 20/11/07, 9:54 am
  8. this exhibit blew me away - the best thing i’ve seen in ages

Posted by Jennie on 14/11/07, 4:36 pm
  9. These jewels are amazing - I really like the way they are presented too, like you wouldn’t know what they were as they are so unremarkable at first glance.

Posted by Lynne on 06/11/07, 2:57 pm