Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- What:Membership Events
Designed by the architect George Gilbert Scott, construction of the Foreign Office began in 1861 and was completed by 1868.
During the 1960s a public outcry prevented its demolition as part of a major redevelopment plan, and the Foreign Office became a Grade 1 listed building in 1970. With a new sense of its historical value, it underwent a 17-year, £100 million restoration, completed in 1997. Members will be given a private tour of the building’s principal rooms.
17.00 – 18.15