Sacred Silver used by the London Huguenot Communities
- Where:Sacred Silver & Stained Glass, Room 83
DISPLAY: See expertly crafted silverware representing individual makers and patrons, and learn more about the more recent role of the lending institution in safeguarding Huguenot heritage.
This display of sacred silver from Huguenot churches dating from 1717 to 1898 includes a Communion flagon presented for use in the French Hospital chapel, Victoria Park, Hackney in 1867. Made by Barnards, its sale is recorded in their London business archive recently saved for the V&A. The silver is lent by the French Hospital, Rochester, Kent which provides sheltered housing for elderly people of Huguenot descent.