Grab your pens, pencils, paints, pastels or crayons and get creative for a chance to see your pirate character on display at the V&A Museum of Childhood!
We all love pirates and our latest exhibition celebrates fictional pirates through the ages. We’d like you to create a completely original, pirate character, give them a name and tell us about their adventures.
The competition is open to children aged between 2 and 12 years old.
- Your design will be displayed in A Pirate’s Life for Me at the V&A Museum of Childhood and featured on our website.
- An art supplies gift voucher for £100 to spend at Cass Art.
- Your design will be displayed at the V&A Museum of Childhood and featured on our website.
- Create your own pirate character (no larger than A4 in size).
- On a separate sheet, give them a name and tell us about their adventures.
- Email us your entry, attaching your illustration as a .jpg image to email@example.com by 11 January 2019.
- Remember to keep the original as winners will need to post their entries to us at a later date.
If you’d like to receive information and special offers from Cass Art via email, click here. Cass Art is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to children aged 2-12 and resident in the UK.
- Entry to this competition can be made between 16 November 2018 and 11 January 2019 by e-mailing an image of your drawing. Entry shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the competition is via e-mail only. Postal submissions cannot be considered. We are unable to return entries sent by post.
- Entries must be images of the original drawing.
- One entry per child.
- The winner must provide the V&A Museum of Childhood with valid proof of identity, residency and age, matching the identity of the entrant, before any prize will be awarded.
- All entries must be received by 23.59 (GMT) on 11 January 2019. The V&A Museum of Childhood cannot accept any liability for any entries that are late, lost, incomplete or rendered unrecognisable.
- All images uploaded must be in the JPEG format, using the extension .jpg
- JPEG file names must use letters and numbers only and must not include other characters such as ampersands (&) etc.
- Images must be a maximum file size of 1MB and no larger than 900 pixels wide.
- Entrants to the competition must be prepared, if they win, to transfer ownership of the original artwork to the V&A Museum of Childhood.
- Entrants grant the V&A Museum of Childhood a non-exclusive licence to reproduce artwork for use in web and printed media publicity for promoting the ‘A Pirate’s Life for Me’ exhibition.
- No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful entrants.
- The judges will be the Exhibition Curator William Newton and Exhibition Manager Sophie Sage.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- On or about Monday 21 January 2019 the V&A Museum of Childhood will pick one entry deemed as The Winner and one entry deemed as the Runner Up.
- The main prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any alternative.
- The £100 gift voucher is to be used towards payment for art material at Cass Art.
- The Winner and the Runner Up will be notified by the V&A Museum of Childhood via email. If the V&A Museum of Childhood have not been able to communicate and receive either the Winner’s or the Runners Up’s confirmation receipt after 21 days from notification, the V&A Museum of Childhood shall award the Prize to an alternative winner for each of the prizes.
- Any person suspected of cheating, acting dishonestly or fraudulently in the opinion of the Promoter will be excluded from the competition.
V&A Museum of Childhood, Cambridge Heath Road, London, E2 9PA, United Kingdom
V&A Museum of Childhood & Cass Art, 66-67 Colebrooke Row, London, N1 8AB