Saturday 1 April
£20, concessions £15
We are entering a golden age of board game design according to Matt Leacock, Pandemic designer. Discover more about this exciting board game renaissance. Hear from games designers, critics and academics; see early treasures from the museum’s collection and join in the board game jam, hosted by PlaytestUK. The day will be chaired by James Wallis games designer and Director of games design consultancy Spaace and will be a playful celebration of all things Table Top!
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ian Livingstone CBE, one of the founding fathers of the UK games industry.
- Nia Wearn, Senior Lecturer in Computer Games Design, Staffordshire University
- Holly Nielsen, Journalist and board games expert.
- Esther MacCallum-Stewart, Associate Professor in Games Studies, Staffordshire University.
- Quintin Smith, editor of Shut Up & Sit Down, the world’s largest board game review site.