Touring Exhibition: David Bowie is
David Bowie is, is the first international retrospective of the extraordinary career of David Bowie – one of the most pioneering and influential performers of modern times. Over 300 objects including handwritten lyrics, original costumes, photography, set designs, album artwork and rare performance material from the past five decades are brought together from the David Bowie Archive for the very first time. The exhibition demonstrates how Bowie’s work has both influenced and been influenced by wider movements in art, design, theatre and contemporary culture and focusses on his creative processes, shifting style and collaborative work with diverse designers in the fields of fashion, sound, graphics, theatre and film.
The exhibition will tour internationally. Confirmed venues are:
- Museum of Image and Sound, Sao Paulo, Brazil from 31 January to 20 April 2014
- Martin-Gropius-bau, Berlin, Germany 20 May - 24 August 2014
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, USA from 23 September 2014 - 4 January 2015
- Philharmonie de Paris/ Cité de la Musique, Paris, France from 2 March to 31 May 2015
- Groninger Museum, Groningen, The Netherlands from 15 December 2015 to 15 March 2016
Further international venues will be confirmed soon.