Published three times a year, V&A Magazine covers all aspects of the visual arts - architecture, design, craft, photography, fashion and fine art - taking the V&A's exhibition and display programme as its starting point.
V&A Magazine aims to be as accessible, intelligent, entertaining and visually appealing as the museum itself. It is available either as part of the V&A's membership package or on subscription.
For advertising enquiries call: +44 (0)20 7735 9263
For editorial enquiries call: + 44 (0)20 7942 2505
Inside the Autumn 2015 issue
- Emma Tarlo unpacks the functional, symbolic and economic importance of India’s tradition of handmade textiles
- Tim McLaughlin and Charllotte Kwon explain the physical, chemical and aromatic processes required in the creation of Indian fabrics
- Rupert Faulkner provides a guide through the V&A’s refurbished and reconfigured gallery devoted to Japanese art and design
- Jasper Morrison reflects on the cerebral and cultural factors that make Japanese design exquisite in form and practical in use
- Lesley Miller traces European history through the highlights of the V&A’s refurbished Europe 1600–1815 Galleries
- Martin Barnes provides a technical insight into the work of a photographer whose practice requires a room-sized camera obscura
- Introducing ‘Bejewelled Treasures: The Al Thani Collection’, Susan Stronge takes us through her selection of dazzling Indian-inspired jewellery
- Cover: Photograph by Jaron James, V&A Photographic Studio, for V&A Magazine