Published three times a year, V&A Magazine covers all aspects of the visual arts - architecture, design, craft, photography, fashion and fine art - taking the V&A's exhibition and display programme as its starting point.
V&A Magazine aims to be as accessible, intelligent, entertaining and visually appealing as the museum itself. It is available either as part of the V&A's membership package or on subscription.
For advertising enquiries call: +44 (0)20 7735 9263
For editorial enquiries call: + 44 (0)20 7942 2505
Inside the Summer 2015 issue
- Caroline Roux examines the cultural and aesthetic power of the shoe – and how it varies around the world.
- Deborah Bull looks back at her time as a ballet dancer, and the necessity of ripping and bashing in creating the perfect ballet shoe.
- Jesse Bering considers shoe fetishism and the erotic power of footwear.
- John Falconer reintroduces Captain Linnaeus Tripe, an officer in the East India Company army who had a fine eye for photography.
- Mark Eastment and Gill Saunders meet artist Duffy Ayers, former member of the group of artists based in Great Bardfield, Essex.
- Cover: Photograph by Jaron James, V&A Photographic Studio, for V&A Magazine. Fabric and leather stilettoes, by Casadei for Fausto Puglisi, 2014.