1. Terms and conditions for using Search the Collections
- By clicking 'download image now' on the download page you agree to the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. By using high resolution images for the permitted uses, you are bound by the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
- High resolution images may be cropped but not changed in any way without permission from our image licensing team, V&A Images.
- Where the number of high resolution images being used exceeds 25% of the total number of images used in your publication or project, please contact our image licensing team, V&A Images for permission.
- If you are not sure if you are allowed to use the high resolution images under this Agreement, please contact our image licensing team, V&A Images.
- The V&A keeps electronic records of high resolution images downloaded. In the event of any identified breach of these Terms and Conditions of use, the V&A or its associated companies may take appropriate action to constrain further use and/or seek financial recompense.
- The credit line © Victoria and Albert Museum, London must accompany all use of all images downloaded from Search the Collections.
- The V&A name may not be used to suggest any endorsement or approval by the V&A of your publication or project. You will need to sure that the high resolution images are correctly credited and where the V&A makes known the author and/or title of the high resolution images, you will identify the author and/or title when using the high resolution images.
- While the V&A has attempted to identify Third Party Content that is available on the Search the Collections pages and to secure permission for its use on the terms of this Agreement, the V&A can give no warranty that this has been done in every case. It is your responsibility to secure any permission or consent required for your use of any Third Party Content.
- The permission granted in this Agreement is personal to you, and your image download may not be used by any third party.
- Whilst the V&A takes reasonable care in the performance of this agreement, the V&A is not liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party arising from use or reproduction of any of the high resolution images or its caption.
- If you do not follow the terms of this Agreement, then the V&A may take such steps as are necessary to enforce its rights in respect of such breach. No failure by the V&A to exercise or enforce any of its rights under this agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of such rights or a bar to their exercise or enforcement in future.
- The V&A will keep a record of any information you provide about yourself and your download for rights management and enforcement purposes but, except for such purposes, will not provide that information to any third party and will otherwise comply with data protection legislation.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
In this Agreement the terms defined in 'Definitions', have the meanings given there.
Agreement - means the Agreement permitting use of high resolution images under the Terms and Conditions of this agreement.
Copyright Legislation - means the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended and revised.
Credit - means © Victoria and Albert Museum, London and any other attribution statement as specified by the V&A.
Downloading - means your download of high resolution images selected by you.
Educational Establishment - means bodies and institutions engaged in the provision of support of education, learning, teaching and research, or any combination of them.
High resolution images - means up to 2500 pixels along the longest side of the image (300 dpi), and of a printing quality up to A5 in size.
Low Resolution Images - means up to and including 768 pixels along the longest side (72 dpi).
Maximum Print-Run - means up to and including 4,000 copies.
Maximum Term - means up to 3 calendar years from first publication.
Non-Commercial - means any use that is not intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation.
Personal Use - means the use of a single copy of each image by one person for Non-Commercial research or private study purposes.
Search the Collections - means only those specific internet pages titled 'Search the Collections' available from the V&A's website, http://collections.vam.ac.uk
Size Restriction - means reproduction up to size A5 (2500 pixels along the longest side, 300 dots per inch (dpi).
Third Party Content - means any high resolution images or any part of any high resolution images in which a third party owns intellectual property rights.
V&A - means the Board of Trustees of the Victoria and Albert Museum, London as identified in the agreement.
Things you are giving the V&A when you upload content
When you submit your contributions to the V&A website, you are granting the V&A, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants. This may include the use of your material by the V&A subsidiaries - the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood and V&A Enterprises (VAE) and similar organisations that repurpose V&A content through an API.
You are also granting the Museum the right to give members of the public a copy of your content for the purpose of private study or educational activities or research.
Things to consider before uploading your content
When you contribute your content, you are confirming that your contribution is your own original work and that you are fully entitled to grant to the V&A non-exclusive rights to use it. You should not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of any third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
You agree that your content is in no way defamatory, illegal or offensive. The V&A reserves the right to remove any content that it deems unsuitable. This will include content that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable.
You also agree that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your content or the consent of a parent or guardian if the person is under 16 years of age.
You should not submit any content that is intended to advertise or promote a business. The V&A reserves the right to remove any content deemed to be advertising material.
How we will handle your content
The V&A reserves the right to use none, part or all of your submission and may delete any contribution published onto its website at any time.
If you do not agree with any of the above conditions
If you do not want to grant to the V&A the above rights or cannot provide the warranties set out above, please do not submit your contribution.
Information about us
HOLLYWOOD PHOTOBOOTH is a software application operated by the Board of Trustees of the Victoria & Albert Museum ("the V&A"), Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL.
Accessing the app
Access to the app is permitted on a temporary basis, and the V&A reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service it provides on the app without notice (see below). The V&A will not be liable if for any reason the app is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the app. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the app through your smart phone are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights
The V&A is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the app, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You agree not to use the app or any material published on it:
for advertising or any other commercial purposes (which would include using the material published to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services);
to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the app to any third party except where expressly permitted on the app;
in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms;
in any way that which is abusive, defamatory or obscene, may harass, offend or inconvenience any person, applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or criminal activity or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the App by any person; or
in any way that might infringe third party privacy or other rights, is unlawful or that might bring the V&A or its licensors into disrepute.
You agree to indemnify the V&A for any loss or damage suffered by the V&A (whether direct or indirect) as a result of a breach of this provision.
The V&A aims to update its app regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, the V&A may suspend access to the app, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the V&A’s app may be out of date at any given time, and the V&A are under no obligation to update such material.
The V&A’s liability
The material displayed on the V&A’s app is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, the V&A, V&A Enterprises Limited, and third parties connected to the V&A hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the V&A’s app or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the V&A’s app, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect the V&A’s liability for death or personal injury arising from the V&A’s negligence, or the V&A’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your use of the V&A’s app
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the app although the V&A retains the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Thank you for visiting the HOLLYWOOD PHOTOBOOTH app.