We may update the Websites and any of their content at any time, and we make no guarantees that the Websites, or any of their Content, are accurate, true or complete.
1. Copyright in Content
To obtain permission to use Content from the Websites for any other purpose (ie for a purpose that is not considered "non-commercial"), please contact our Licensing Team, V&A Images.
If you believe that the use of any Content infringes yours or someone else’s rights, please refer to the V&A’s Copyright Statement.
2. Non-commercial use of Content
- For personal use: this means the one-time use of Content by one person for non-commercial research and private study.
- For educational use: this means the one-time use of Content by a student at an Educational Establishment (defined below) for use in course-related academic materials , for the purpose of securing a degree or other academic qualification.
- For print-based academic publications: this means the one-time use of Content (ie for one edition only) for a printed publication by an academic publisher with a print-run of up to and including 4,000 copies.
- For academic e-publications: this means the use of Content (but using Low Resolution Images (defined below) only) for academic e-books and e-journals. Permission is granted for up to 5 years from the first day of publication.
- For use by charities and other non-profit organisations: Reproduction of Content in print or electronic formats for circulation to members or 'friends', with a print-run of up to and including 4,000 copies or for up to 5 years for online use.
- "Educational Establishment" means bodies and institutions engaged in the provision or support of education, learning, teaching and research, or any combination of them.
- "High Resolution Images" means up to 2,500 pixels along the longest side of the image (300 dpi).
- "Low Resolution Images" means up to and including 768 pixels along the longest side of the image (72 dpi).
- "Editorial Text" means any V&A owned editorial text on the Websites in which the V&A asserts copyright.
- "Descriptive Text" means basic caption information relating to images on Search the Collections web pages in which the V&A does not assert copyright.
- High Resolution Images must not be printed any larger than A5 size.
- High Resolution Images may be reasonably cropped and resized but must not be altered in any other way.
- The amount of V&A Content used must not exceed 25% of the total content used in your publication or project.
- You may re-produce excerpts of Editorial Text for a non-commercial purpose on the condition that you acknowledge the V&A's authorship of such text in the form of the Credit line stated in clause 3 below. You may re-produce excerpts of Descriptive Text for a non-commercial purpose without acknowledging the V&A's authorship provided that you comply with the other restrictions of this clause 2.
You must ensure that any use of Content is credited as follows, unless otherwise stated:
© Victoria and Albert Museum, London
You may not use the V&A logo without permission from our Licensing Team, V&A Images.
The V&A brand (including the V&A's name and logo) may not be used to suggest any endorsement or approval by the V&A of your use of V&A Content.
4. Third Party Content
The V&A has attempted to identify any Content in which a third party owns copyright ("Third Party Content"), and to secure permission for its use only by the V&A (and its affiliates, including V&A Enterprises Limited). Therefore, it is your responsibility to secure any permission or consent required for your own use of such Third Party Content.
If you are not sure who owns the Content you wish to use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The V&A assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked to or from the Websites. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by the V&A of those linked websites and the V&A shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
7. No Waiver
8. Data Protection
The V&A will keep a record of any information you provide about yourself and your downloaded content for rights management and enforcement purposes but, except for such purposes, will not provide that information to any third party and will otherwise comply with all applicable laws (including the Data Protection Act 1998).
9. Law and Jurisdiction
To contact the V&A about the Websites or any Content, please email email@example.com. In particular, we welcome your feedback about the 'Search the Collections' service (ie those specific website pages titled 'Search the Collections' which are available on the Websites at http://collections.vam.ac.uk (and which is linked to from the Websites). Please email your comments and other feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via our enquiry form if you have any specific enquiries about objects in the V&A's collection.
The V&A is the world's leading museum of art and design. One of its aims is to provide access to its collections and services for diverse audiences, now and in the future.
The V&A makes reasonable efforts to protect its own intellectual property rights and the rights of others. If you believe that the use of content (including images, editorial or descriptive text, footage or any other media) found on the V&A’s Websites infringes yours or someone else’s rights, please contact us, providing the information requested below:
- Your contact details
- Nature of the complaint
- V&A museum number (where applicable)
- The full web address of where you found the material
- Proof that you are the rights holder
For any commercial use, please contact our Licensing Team.
For any copyright queries, please contact email@example.com.
Things you are giving the V&A when you upload content
When you submit your contributions to the V&A website, you are granting the V&A, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants. This may include the use of your material by the V&A subsidiaries - the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood and V&A Enterprises (VAE) and similar organisations that repurpose V&A content through an API.
You are also granting the Museum the right to give members of the public a copy of your content for the purpose of private study or educational activities or research.
Things to consider before uploading your content
When you contribute your content, you are confirming that your contribution is your own original work and that you are fully entitled to grant to the V&A non-exclusive rights to use it. You should not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of any third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
You agree that your content is in no way defamatory, illegal or offensive. The V&A reserves the right to remove any content that it deems unsuitable. This will include content that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable.
You also agree that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your content or the consent of a parent or guardian if the person is under 16 years of age.
You should not submit any content that is intended to advertise or promote a business. The V&A reserves the right to remove any content deemed to be advertising material.
How we will handle your content
The V&A reserves the right to use none, part or all of your submission and may delete any contribution published onto its website at any time.
If you do not agree with any of the above conditions
If you do not want to grant to the V&A the above rights or cannot provide the warranties set out above, please do not submit your contribution.
Information about us
HOLLYWOOD PHOTOBOOTH is a software application operated by the Board of Trustees of the Victoria & Albert Museum ("the V&A"), Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL.
Accessing the app
Access to the app is permitted on a temporary basis, and the V&A reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service it provides on the app without notice (see below). The V&A will not be liable if for any reason the app is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the app. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the app through your smart phone are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual property rights
The V&A is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the app, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You agree not to use the app or any material published on it:
for advertising or any other commercial purposes (which would include using the material published to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services);
to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the app to any third party except where expressly permitted on the app;
in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms;
in any way that which is abusive, defamatory or obscene, may harass, offend or inconvenience any person, applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or criminal activity or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the App by any person; or
in any way that might infringe third party privacy or other rights, is unlawful or that might bring the V&A or its licensors into disrepute.
You agree to indemnify the V&A for any loss or damage suffered by the V&A (whether direct or indirect) as a result of a breach of this provision.
The V&A aims to update its app regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, the V&A may suspend access to the app, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the V&A’s app may be out of date at any given time, and the V&A are under no obligation to update such material.
The V&A’s liability
The material displayed on the V&A’s app is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, the V&A, V&A Enterprises Limited, and third parties connected to the V&A hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the V&A’s app or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the V&A’s app, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect the V&A’s liability for death or personal injury arising from the V&A’s negligence, or the V&A’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your use of the V&A’s app
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to the app although the V&A retains the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
Thank you for visiting the HOLLYWOOD PHOTOBOOTH app.