The V&A Illustration Awards is the UK’s most prestigious annual illustration competition recognising the very best in book, editorial and student illustration. The competition has been running since 1972 and its previous winners are a veritable Who’s Who? of British illustration including household names like Ralph Steadman, Posy Simmonds, Sara Fanelli, Quentin Blake, Laura Carlin, Matthew Richardson, Helen Musselwhite and Yasmeen Ismail.
The competition is organised by the V&A’s National Art Library and is free to enter for illustrators publishing within the UK market or attending an illustration course in the UK.
Entry to the 2017 competition will open October 2016.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2016 V&A Illustration Awards
- Book Cover Design and Moira Gemmill Illustrator of the Year 2016: David McConochie
- Editorial Illustration: Bill Bragg
- Book Illustration: Jason Brooks
- Student Illustrator of the Year: Kate Milner
- Student Runner-Up: Joan Alturo
Supported by the Enid Linder Foundation