Hands-On Exhibits in the Galleries
Explore a place of wonder
Hunt for treasures from sparkly jewels to samurai swords, journey back to Medieval, Tudor and Victorian times; get up close to West End costumes and famous fashion.
There are hundreds of exciting hands-on exhibits throughout the Victoria and Albert Museum – look for the hands-on symbol on the Museum map.
Many of our galleries have interactive elements ranging from touch objects to videos, replica costume to digital interactives, including:
- Try on Victorian costume or build a replica of the Crystal Palace in the British Galleries (Victorian Discovery Area, Room 122b)
- Make a brass rubbing or do a giant slider puzzle made of replica medieval tiles (Discover the Medieval World, Room 10c)
- Put your hand inside an armour gauntlet and feel its weight (Renaissance Galleries, Room 62)
- Find out how pots are made through touch objects and construction activities (Ceramics Galleries, Room 143)
- Design your own tea post (Ceramics Galleries, Room 143)
- Dress up in theatre costumes, including Grimaldi the clown (Theatre & Performance Galleries, Rooms 103-106)