Hands-On Exhibits in the Galleries
There are hundreds of exciting hands-on exhibits throughout the Victoria and Albert Museum – look for the hands-on symbol on the Museum map.
Many of our galleries have interactive elements ranging from touch objects to videos, replica costume to computers, including:
- try on Victorian costume or build a replica of the Crystal Palace in the British Galleries (Victorian Discovery Area, Room 122b)
- make a brass rubbing or do a giant slider puzzle made of replica medieval tiles (Discover the Medieval World, Room 10c)
- put your hand inside an armour gauntlet and feel its weight (Renaissance Galleries, Room 62)
- find out how pots are made through touch objects and construction activities (Ceramics Galleries, Room 143)
- dress up in theatre costumes, including Grimaldi the clown, and make sound effects of rain and thunder (Theatre & Performance Galleries, Rooms 103-106)