Enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea at Tatha Restaurant during your pre-booked visit to V&A Dundee.
We’ve made a few changes to help keep you safe:
The restaurant has been redesigned to ensure physical distancing, and we’ve introduced a special grab-and-go takeaway system for those who would prefer to have their meal on the move.
We’ve also created a special Mary Quant-inspired afternoon tea in honour of the museum’s international retrospective on the iconic British designer.
All entry to the museum now requires a ticket, so if you are planning to pop in to Tatha Restaurant or have pre-booked your Afternoon Tea, you need to book a museum entry ticket in advance. This is so we can ensure a safe, smooth and enjoyable experience for you by managing the number of people within the building.
We are delighted to work with some fantastic local suppliers, including Dundee’s own 71 Brewing. Suppliers from across the region include Simon Howie, George Campbell & Sons, Graham’s Dairy and Jannetta’s Ice Cream. We also proudly serve Mackays Marmalade.
We’ve updated our menus to offer a wide range of options whether you take away or sit-in.
A range of tasty breakfast croissants, pastries and cream teas are available 10.00 – 11.30.
From 11.30 – 15.00, enjoy freshly made sandwiches, salads and soups in the restaurant or taken to go.
View and download the menus (if you like to make up your mind beforehand!):
Book in advance for one of our Mary Quant afternoon teas, available between 12.00 – 16.00.
With snackable savouries, scones and sweet treats, this special afternoon tea is inspired by Quant’s playful colour palette and graphic lines.
Please note afternoon tea must be booked in advance, in addition to booking entry to the museum.
For £25 per person you can enjoy:
- A half cheese scone with cream cheese, pink pickled onions and chives
- A half bagel with hot smoked salmon and horseradish pate, radish disks and dill
- Mini fruit and plain scones with clotted cream and Mackay’s jam
- A black pudding sausage roll with beetroot ketchup, or the vegetarian option of a cherry tomato, pesto and mature cheddar quiche
- A truffled egg mayonnaise sandwich stack
And a delicious selection of sweets and cakes including:
- A rhubarb and custard shot with pink candy floss
- A strawberry macaroon with vanilla buttercream, strawberry curd centre and striped chocolate decoration
- A lemon polenta cake with water icing, fresh raspberries and pistachio crumb
- A salted caramel brownie with dark and white chocolate pencil
Advance booking of the afternoon teas is required, in addition to booking entry to the museum.
Book your table
Food: 10.00 – 16.00 | Drinks: 10.00 – 17.00
Online booking is available for parties of up to 6 people. For larger groups call: +44 (0)1382 411 633 and please leave a voicemail, or email V&A@heritageportfolio.co.uk and one of our reservations team will contact you back to arrange your booking.
Reservations to Tatha Restaurant will also require a Free Museum Entry ticket to be booked for the start of your visit.
Food and Drink Vouchers
Share a dining experience that foodies will savour. Give someone special the chance to sample the seasonal, locally-inspired menus of the Tatha Restaurant all while enjoying spectacular views of the River Tay.