I was working on removing dust from a theatre set model while the studio was quiet during the gap between Christmas and New Year.
It was mostly straightforward, but there was one balcony that I just couldn’t get to with my straight brushes – every point of access I tried only allowed me to clean very small areas. Tricky.
I looked into buying an angled brush – there are several sizes of make-up brush with angled handles available – but these turned out to be expensive and, more importantly, would have required me to go out in the Boxing Day sales to hunt for one. No thank you.
Instead I found a brush I didn’t use for much, had a look at our tool wall and decided to try modifying it myself with the flat jaw pliers.
A quick squeeze to flatten the ferrule, a gentle bend, and hey presto a new tool was born, perfect for reaching that balcony. Now next time I need one it will be in my tool kit, ready to go.