With a completely new, reimagined volunteering offer launching alongside the opening of Young V&A, we’ll be introducing you to one of four new volunteering roles each month in the run up to the museum opening its doors to the public. The first is the Young V&A Playmaker role.
So, what does it mean to be a Playmaker…?
Put simply, no two days will be the same. You’ll be getting stuck-in with creative play, animating the gallery spaces and supporting young people to engage with the museum interactives.
Playmakers will be expressing their inner child, having fun with our audiences aged 0 – 14.
A typical day might entail:
- Demonstrating a video game interactive in The Arcade
- Setting a design challenge for a group of young people using our giant blue blocks
- Encouraging visitors to get creative, using resources to design their own boardgame
- Experimenting with word play in one of the reading nooks
You don’t need any specific skills or experience to be a Playmaker, however we’d love you to be passionate about supporting young people to learn through play, enjoy getting creative, and want to provide a joyful and welcoming experience to the vast array of people that walk through our doors.
Want to know more? Sign up to our newsletter
How do I get involved?
- Sign up to our mailing list – we’ll update you when applications go live
- Come along to the virtual or in-person taster day (details for the in-person Taster Day or register for the virtual taster day)
- We’ll be training volunteers before we open on 1 July!
Young V&A taster day
13.30 – 16.30, 29 April
Tramshed Community Hub
Digby Street E2 0ES