Upstart Creative Careers Festival was a new free online festival designed for young people to explore pathways into the creative industries and cultural sector. The programme included a series of artist and designer-led talks, intended to enable young people to develop creative confidence through practical workshops and webinars.
Practical freelancing skills
Have you ever thought about becoming a freelancer? Would it suit your personality and lifestyle? Freelancing can provide independence, freedom, and flexibility. For some this might sound attractive, for others, it might sound daunting. It is important to get the right information to do what is best for you. In this lively webinar, experienced freelancers Katie Chappell and Jasmine Sehra talk about their creative careers.
- Be inspired as they simplify the world of freelancing with practical advice and tips
- Take note of how you can negotiate your fees and time
- Become financially literate as you build your career
- Consider how you might plan your working day
Get insight into the freelance world and see what it’s really like to be your own boss.
Reflections of the creative industries
Are you in need of some creative motivation? Join Nate Abegtu, Sade Banks and Amani Simpson to consider what it means to be a creative.
- Listen in on their conversation and gain insight on creative confidence
- Feel ready to approach an industry that has many pathways to success
- Take notes from those who navigate their careers through change
- Consider what the future of the creative industries could look like
- Come away feeling encouraged and hopeful!
This talk was produced for young people to reflect on the creative industries, and was chaired by Fleur Elkerton – a member of V&A’s Youth Collective.