Become a member and enjoy free access to exhibitions, previews, priority booking, freshly curated content and much more.
This event has been postponed to Summer Term 2021. Please sign up to our schools newsletter - vam.ac.uk/info/learn#sign-up - to receive an email when the new date is announced.
Go behind the scenes to learn how Science, Technology, Arts, Maths and Science combine in the work of physicists and artists at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research and one of the world’s most respected centres for scientific research.
Find out how scientists at CERN are trying to answer some of the biggest questions about our universe! And how artists are being inspired by these discoveries.
This one-off, 45minute session (10am - 10.45am) includes:
- An introduction to the V&A Alice: Curiouser and Curiouser exhibition
- An introduction to CERN, their research and experiments, and the Arts at CERN programme
- A live-streamed guided tour of the ALICE detector
- Live Q&A with our speakers
- Kate Bailey, Senior Curator and Producer, Theatre and Performance, V&A
- Mónica Bello, Curator and Head of Arts, CERN
- Dr Despina Hatzifotiadou, physicist and researcher, ALICE experiment, CERN
Free. Booking essential. Event suitable for KS3 and KS4, Physics, D&T, Art & Design and cross-curricular STEAM learning. This event will be run using Zoom and prior to the event you will receive a link to access the event. You will also receive further information by email to support introducing the event to your students.