Help us create the ultimate protest music playlists.
Music has always reflected the times in which it was made. In any era you can trace the politics, ideals, fears and frustrations of the time through the music that was created. From Billie Holiday's Strange Fruit and Bob Dylan's The Times They Are A Changin’ through to Kendrick Lamar and Vince Staples, musicians have always been at the forefront of pushing for social change through their art.
To explore some of the themes from our current exhibition You Say You Want A Revolution?, we invite you to help us create Spotify playlists of protest music – old and new – that comment on race, feminism, equality, war, drugs, LGBTQIA rights, anti-capitalism and global warming.
Join the revolution
Add your songs to our Spotify playlists by following the instructions below:
- Choose your revolution
- Click on View full playlist to open the list in Spotify
- Click FOLLOW at the top of the playlist
- Search for the song in Spotify you would like to add
- Once you’ve found your song, click on the three dots [...] to the right of the song name
- In the dropdown select Add to Playlist and the V&A playlist you would like to add your song to