Bagpuss, dear Bagpuss
Old fat furry cat-puss
Wake up and look at this thing that I bring
Wake up, be bright
Be golden and light
Bagpuss, Oh hear what I sing
Bagpuss and his friends are good at mending broken objects. They fix things by telling stories and making up songs about it using their imagination. What would you bring for
Bagpuss to fix, and what story would you tell?
Win exclusive Smallfilms memorabilia with #DearBagpuss
Send your entries in via email or social media to be in with a chance of winning exclusive Smallfilms memorabilia including:
- A hand-made painted Clangers tile
- Bagpuss plush bag or purse
- A copy of The Art of Smallfilms: The Work of Oliver Postgate and Peter Firmin signed by Peter and Joan Firmin
- A swanee whistle to create your own Clangers language
To enter using Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, write or upload a picture of what you would bring for Bagpuss to mend and a short story, tag the V&A Museum of Childhood and #DearBagpuss
To enter via email, send your name and story with the image to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject line ‘Dear Bagpuss’.
Terms and conditions
1. The entries will be judged by the Children’s Forum, a group of children from local schools.
2. The prize draw is open to residents of the UK and Northern Ireland (excluding employees of the V&A).
3. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over. Entries from those aged 17 or under must be accompanied by written permission from a parent/guardian or with their written consent.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. All entries must be received by 9am on Monday 11 April 2016. The Museum accepts no responsibility for any entries that fail to reach the Museum by the closing date.
7. All entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on Wednesday 13 April 2016, judged by the Children’s Forum.
8. The winners will be notified via social media or email on Wednesday 13 April 2016.
9. The winners must claim their prizes within 7 working days of notification. If the prize is unclaimed after 7 working days, the Museum reserves the right to offer it to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. The Museum will subscribe the entrants to the V&A e-newsletter unless otherwise stated in the email entry. The Museum will not forward on any data to third parties.
11. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.