Saturday, 25 January 2020
13:00 – 15:00
Visit the V&A Museum of Childhood to let loose and stomp your feet with your Tiny Groovers*. Dance away the January blues and enjoy a DJ set from Mr Manic of Lucky Dip Disco and the surreal and spectacular storytelling from The No-Shamen. Other activities include a movement session with a contemporary dancer, Linzy Na Nakorn (bring out your inner animal!) plus arts activities and sensory experiences for babies.
Adult £10 + £1.37 Booking fee
Child £ 8 + £1.21 Booking fee
Babies under 1 Free, booking required
* Whilst aimed at under 5s and adults, we are flexible and older siblings are welcome.
About the artists
Lucky Dip Disco is hosted by children’s entertainer & artist Janek Schaefer. He is a winner of The British Composer of the Year in Sonic Art and has presented his work around the world for 25 years. His love of dancing to music from all decades inspired him to start a disco for children with their grown-ups, to share the joy of freestyle dancing and party vibes. Funky, Retro and Contemporary, his disco is now the top 5-star reviewed independent disco in Surrey, and we are delighted to have him come for fun fun fun with arms in the air, and the beat in your feet….
Arkem Mark Walton, story teller and performer has a range of alter-egos. For Tiny Groovers, The No-Shamen will be gracing us with his presence and wisdom. With his special powers, he will interact with your ‘inner vegetable’ and craft stories, interactive experiences and opportunities to make and create at the museum.
Linzy Na Nakorn is a dance and movement practitioner facilitator, performer and movement director. She facilitates for multi-sensory immersive company Bittersuite’s outreach and education program and is a facilitator for the youth dance program at Chisenhale Dance Space. As a performer she works internationally and creates work exploring connectivity and community.
Terms and conditions
• Recommended for families with 0-5 year olds but all ages welcome.
• Booking essential. £10.00 per adult, £8.00 per child, babies under 1 go free.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult. Max. 3 children per adult. Max. 4 adults per child.
• Adults are not admitted unless accompanied by a child.
• For group bookings of 10 people or more, the ratio needs to be 1 adult per 2 children of any age. There will be no discounts for group bookings.
• Tickets are non-refundable.
• Each member of your group must have a ticket, all adults and children Babies under 1 year are free but must have a ticket.